We know there are 2 types of software that we usually use, namely the free version and the paid version. The free version commonly called freeware and the paid version is usually called shareware. What distinguishes the two? Of course in terms of price and also features (this only applies to shareware that is trial).
Is freeware applications bad? The answer can be yes and it can't. Why? Because this depends on the creator of the application, if he intends to have limited freeware there will be reduced features but if it is truly free then it will not happen. There are many kinds of freeware applications and often become alternative paid applications, for example, 7Zip. 7Zip is commonly used as an alternative to Winzip or Winrar.
Often we feel confused when we find compressed files with the extension .rar or .zip. What is the first thing that comes to mind in our head? I am sure that you will immediately think about Winrar or Winzip to open the compressed file. Even though there are other applications or software that can be an alternative to the two applications or software, we call him, 7Zip.
What is 7Zip?
7Zip is an open-source and freeware software or application so we are free to download 7Zip and use it, my dear friend. Do we have an obligation to pay? The answer is no. 7Zip is under the auspices of GNU LGPL license.
What features does 7Zip have?
Now, what features can be offered by 7Zip so that it can make us make it a substitute for Winrar or Winzip? We can see the main features of 7Zip, such as:
- The ability to compress files with a high ratio when using 7z format. This is due to using a system from LZMA and LZMA2 compression.
- The format supported by 7zip is 1. For packing and unpacking (extract file), 7zip support for 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM formats. Then what about the format that can be extracted using 7zip? The formats are AR, ARJ, CAB, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF , UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z. If a friend thinks about finding files with the format as above, you can use 7Zip to extract.
- 7Zip claims that using the ZIP and GZIP formats, 7Zip is better than Winzip and PKZip. What is the ratio? About 2 - 10% better.
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Other features participating in 7Zip can be used as a powerful file manager, support for command line and available plugins for FAR Manager.
- 7Zip is supported by 87 languages in the world and one of them is Indonesian.
What operating systems are supported by 7Zip?
Speaking of operating systems, 7Zip supports Windows operating systems. What Windows is supported? 7Zip supports from Windows NT to Windows 10. It can be said that 7Zip supports the Windows operating system from the old version to the latest version at this time. What about operating systems other than Windows? 7Zip supports the Linux operating system with the command line mode, pZip.
It is complete with the features offered by 7Zip so that we are worthy of using it as an alternative to Winzip.
By using freeware like 7Zip, at least we have reduced the use of unofficial applications or software on Windows that we use. Starting from the smallest thing, we will make changes for the bigger things.
Thank you for visiting the Diandra blog, hopefully, the information presented on this blog is useful. Guys, you can also share so that the information doesn't stop at you.